Samsung Galaxy A70
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- Battery: 4,500mAh
- Main camera: 32MP + 8MP + 5MP
- Front camera: 32 MP
- Display: 6.7 inch
- Processor: Snapdragon 675
- Connectivity: Dual sim, 3G, 4G, VoLTE, Wi-Fi
- Colors: Black, Blue, Coral, and White colours.
- OS: Android 9.
Features of Samsung Galaxy A70
- Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- GSM, HSPA and LTE network technology
- 6.7 inches, 108.4 cm2 (~86.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 1080 x 2400 pixels (~393 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie); One UI
- Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675 (11 nm) chipset
- Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver) CPU
- Adreno 612 GPU
- 128 GB, 6/8 GB RAM
- microSD, up to 512 GB (dedicated slot)
- Primary camera: 32 MP, f/1.7, PDAF
8 MP, f/2.2, 12mm (ultrawide)
5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor
- LED flash, panorama, HDR
- 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/240fps video recording
- Selfie camera: 32 MP, f/2.0
- 1080p@30fps video recording
- 3.5mm jack, Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC (market dependent)
- FM Radio
- USB 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh battery
- -fast battery charging 25W
- Colors: Coral, Blue, Black or White
I would like to think of this one as a teaser of Galaxy A80. Make sure you check it out, it is quite some phone.
Design and build
A plastic body with what seems to be metal frames is the build of Galaxy A70. Okay even though the front is made of glass, we would have loved to see at least a metal build on this smartphone. Plastic just makes it feel inexpensive. Anyway, moving on. This back panel has a triple camera on the top right corner and it is in vertical orientation. There is Samsung branding on the middle top. Yes, its back is as clean and neat as that. Usually we would have seen a rear mounted fingerprint scanner but that isn’t the case since this feature has been embedded under the Infinity-U display of Galaxy A70. It works well but with a slight delay. The bezels on here also appear to have been made slimmer especially on the chin. The bottom has a USB type C port, 3.5mm jack and a bottom firing speaker grill.
Samsung Galaxy A70 is a multimedia smartphone. Meaning it delivers the best experience for multimedia interactions like gaming, watching videos, music and so on. It is no wonder the display included on it is a Super AMOLED panel with 1080 x 2400 pixels (~393 ppi density) resolution. Although Q-LED is usually preferred over other panels for multimedia smartphones, Samsung decided to stick to S-AMOLED because it is power efficient and still hold delivers a great viewer experience. It is the type of display that will have wide viewing angles and clarity even when out and about under direct sunlight and such conditions.
The arrangement of cameras on the back is as follows. At the very top is a 5MP depth sensor (telephoto lens would have been a better choice though), in the middle is its impressive 32MP lens and the last is an 8MP ultra-wide lens for fitting more content into the picture. The depth sensor works its magic in image separation by blurring back/foregrounds for example. There is a front facing camera with a 32MP lens. I don’t think anyone out there needs orientation on what the wonders such a selfie camera can perform. I’ll assume we are on the same page with this one’s ability to impress.
Video recording is another important thing to mention about the primary camera since it shoots 4K videos. You can add dramatic details to every action with Super Slow-motion video shooting. Play around with it you will see how much more it offers.
Performance and memory
There was a lot of rumor about the chip set Samsung Galaxy A70 would have. Now that it is official, we know that it rocks a Snapdragon 675 chip set and an Oct-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver) CPU. Snapdragon 675 is an upper mid range chip set so it should youthfully handle non-stop multitasking.
It runs on Android 9.0 (Pie) with Samsung’s new One UI skin.
Internal storage and memory
You will love this. Samsung Galaxy A70’s internal storage is 128 GB and it runs on either 6/8 GB RAM. With such amounts of RAM, you can very well be assured of a smooth-running smartphone every other minute every other second. That you can take to the bank.
You will also love the lengths of hours its non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh battery will take you. And with fast battery charging 25W it takes less hours to charge a capacity as large as this.
Why you should buy Samsung Galaxy A70
- Strong multimedia smartphone
- Superb display
- Impressive photos and videos
- Smooth performance
- Long lasting battery
Samsung Galaxy A70 is available in color Coral, Blue, Black or White.